Friday, February 7, 2014

This Week in Yoga, Life, and Self-Care

I'd like to stay in touch with all of you as much as possible. As you know from my last post I have been focusing on getting organized this year.  My word of the year is: EXPLORE.  I am seeking out activities or things that are outside of my comfort zone.  This month I am starting a Tai Chi class.  Not TOTALLY out of my comfort zone but taking new classes is not my usual homebody self!

Here is my week in review over on Long Island.  What have you been up to?  Keeping track of what is DONE seems to work well with making to-do lists.  See if you can focus on all that you do at the end of the week, and you'll find you are much more productive then you think.  Then sit back and have gratitude for all that you do and are!  PEACE

                                               Beautiful Sunset at Cedar Beach post Work
                                                      Start of snow storm extravaganza
                                             Winter Walk at Avalon Park in Stony Brook, NY
                                                Green Juice: Kale, Apple, Celery, Cucumber
weekly happenings:

taught 3 yoga classes
took 3 yoga classes
shoveled snow 3-5 hours total
built and savored 3 fires
penned February goals
worked on yoga biz and stats
soaked in a rose +chamomile bubble bath
hiked at avalon park
made chocolate chip cookies (Tate's)
savored green juices and kombucha
sent snail-mail love
started e-course on yoga international on agni
made peanut butter chocolate chip cookies (gluten free!)
made oatmeal choc. chip cookies w/out butter or eggs!,
enjoyed 3 snow days:
a day off/ 3 class cancellations
worked at library
started "The Circle" by Dave Eggers
meditated 3x. 

this weekend:
ladies book club
tai chi class
yoga
meditation
work at library
artist date at B+N to browse magazines

What have you been enjoying?  What's keeping you bright on these cold winter days?

Peace,
Natalie

No comments: